British Eventing Ball
Photo: Adam Fanthorpe
The annual British Eventing Ball and Awards Ceremony took place over the weekend at Newbury Racecourse (Saturday 7th November).
British Eventing Chair Alex Fox presenting Laura Collett with the Sir John Burder Trophy
Riders, owners and breeders were awarded the following trophies:
- Oliver Townend - Tony Collins Memorial Trophy, to the British rider gaining the highest number of points on any horse or horses.
- Tina Cook - Jane Holderness-Roddam Trophy, to the highest placed Senior Rider in the respective yearly championship.
- Sarah Pelham, Nicholas and Valda Embiricos - Calcutta Light Horse Trophy, given to the owner of the British horse gaining the highest number of points.
- Morris Pinto - Wide Awake Trophy, given to the breeder of the British bred, owned and ridden horse gaining the highest number of points.
- Emily Llewellyn - Edy Goldman Trophy, given to the British rider gaining the most points who is under 21 in the current year.
- Emily Gilruth - Martin Whiteley Trophy, given to the British rider gaining the most points on one horse who has never been entitled to wear any Union Jack Badge and who has not previously won this trophy.
- Ginny Turnbull - Jemima Johnson Memorial Trophy, given to a rider who has not been awarded the senior union flag and epitomizes the spirit of the sport.
- Laura Collett - Sir John Burder Trophy, given to the highest placed British competitor in the current Young Riders European Championship.
- Dani Evans - Hubert Allfrey Trophy, given to the highest placed British competitor in the current Junior European Championship.
- Lottie Kennedy - Jane Rook Trophy, given to the highest placed British competitor in the current Pony Rider European Championship.
- Rachel Tulley was awarded the British Eventing 2009 Groom's Prize for her hard work with Tina Cook.
Scotland's British Eventing Ball which will be held at the Dunblane Hydro on 21 November, from 7pm. Tickets available from either Les Smith or Francis Hay-Smith, 07702 901001.