The US Equestrian Eventing High Performance Program is designed to achieve Olympic qualification and medals in the current Games cycle, in addition to building a sustainable foundation for the success of future championships. The Eventing High Performance Program consists of the Elite, Development, and Emerging Athlete Programs. For the 2017 Summer Training Lists, a two-tiered system was introduced for the Development Program, and no changes have been made to the Emerging Athlete Program list of participants. The following combinations have been named to the 2017 Summer Training Lists for the Elite Program and Tier 1 and Tier 2 Development.
These are athlete/horse combinations that have established themselves as having met the criteria, or demonstrated potential to meet the criteria, required to be competitive at CCI3* and CCI4* events and championships.
- Hannah Sue Burnett (The Plains, Va.) with Jacqueline Mars’s Harbour Pilot and Mary Ann Ghadban’s Under Suspection
- Matt Brown (Cochranville, Pa.) with Blossom Creek Foundation’s Super Socks BCF
- Phillip Dutton (West Grove, Pa.) with Kristine and John Norton’s I’m Sew Ready, HnD Group’s Mighty Nice, and Thomas Tierney, Simon Roosevelt, Suzanne Lacy, Ann Jones, and Caroline Moran’s Z
- Lauren Kieffer (Middleburg, Va.) with Team Rebecca, LLC’s Veronica and Marie Le Menestrel’s Meadowbrook’s Scarlett
- Marilyn Little (Frederick, Md.) with Jacqueline Mars, Robin Parsky, and Phoebe and Michael Manders’s RF
- Boyd Martin (Cochranville, Pa.) with the Blackfoot Mystery Syndicate’s Blackfoot Mystery
Tier 1 Development
Tier 1 is designed to support experienced international athletes who have horses that are on a trajectory to reach the Elite criteria in the next four years and experienced international athletes who have horses that do not meet the Elite criteria but remain in contention for selection for the next World or Olympic Games.
- Will Coleman (Charlottesville, Va.) with The Conair Syndicate’s Tight Lines and Four Star Eventing Group’s OBOS O’Reilly
- Buck Davidson (Unionville, Pa.) with Carlevo LLC’s Carlevo
- Phillip Dutton with the Revelation Group’s Fernhill Revelation
- Lauren Kieffer with Debbie Adams and Jacqueline Mars’s D.A. Duras
- Boyd Martin with Lucy Boynton Lie’s Cracker Jack
- Doug Payne (Aiken, S.C.) with Debi Crowley and Doug and Jessica Payne’s Vandiver
- Lynn Symansky (Middleburg, Va.) with The Donner Syndicate, LLC’s Donner
- Sharon White (Summit Point, W.Va.) with her own Cooley on Show
Tier 2 Development
Tier 2 is designed for athletes who have not previously attained team selection or Elite criteria that are on a trajectory to achieve Elite status in this or the next four-year period.
- Katherine Coleman (New Orleans, La.) with Kalai, LLC’s Back to Business
- Lillian Heard (Hamilton, Va.) with her own LCC Barnaby
- Kurt Martin (Middleburg, Va.) with his and Carol and William Martin’s DeLux Z
It is important to note that inclusion or exclusion on a Training List has no impact on selection for Games and championships. These lists will be reviewed in November of 2017.